| Hair Loss
| Mailing List
for more articles
Direct Mail Marketing Done Correctly, Cannot Fail
|So how do you do it?
Direct mail marketing. When it comes to marketing your product or services there are two basic challenges:
1. How do you obtain new customers or clients?
2. How do you get your existing customers to come back for more?
Direct mail/direct response marketing answers both these challenges admirably (it’s not the only way to do it but it is a proven method that always works). You can ALWAYS rely on DIRECT MAIL MARKETING.
The postcard—direct marketing’s secret weapon…
One of the simplest and most cost-effective forms of direct mail marketing is the POSTCARD. Because postcards work so well they can be considered one of the key small business marketing strategies.
"I switched from sending out a monthly newsletter to my mailing list, to sending out full color post cards.
Not only did it save me money on the cost of printing, but it saved me the hassle of having to prepare the mailings.
Feedback has been very positive from our clients and the leads have been pouring in. Plus my website hits have increased due to promotion or it on our post cards!" Kerry Fuller, Realty Executives
Direct mail marketing strategies…
To get new customers all you need to do is:
1. Get their identities (mailing lists do this).
2. Reach them (direct mail does this).
3. Attract their attention and get your message across (post cards do this perfectly—you don’t have to open them!).
4. Get them to contact you. (Your mailing piece, letter or, preferably, post card, will do that if it’s well designed and written.)
5. The rest is up to your ability to sell.
To get your existing customers to come back for more all you need to do is:
1. Keep accurate records of your customers (anyone who has ever bought anything from you) in a database and keep it current.
2. Send them frequent mailings.
Postcards are excellent. You can send out a newsletter. You can send out personalized letters. But keep contacting them. Tell them about new products or services. Get them to respond.
3. Obviously you have to deliver excellent service or a great product. You will get results with these marketing techniques even if you don’t deliver good service or a great product, but it won’t last long and you won’t be able to maintain it.
4. Remember, the size of your customer base and the number of mailings to it determines how much income you make. Fact.
So, do it correctly and you cannot fail.
About the author:
Joy Gendusa founded PostcardMania in 1998; her only assets a computer and a phone. By 2004 the company did $9 million in sales and employed over 60 persons. She attributes her explosive growth to her ability to choose incredible staff and her innate marketing savvy. Now she’s sharing her marketing secrets with others. For more free marketing advice, visit her website at www.postcardmania.com
Circulated by Article Emporium
©2008 - All Rights Reserved Sitemap